KOBALT KSP 440-06 40V Chemical Backpack Sprayer User Guide
8CARE AND MAINTENANCE
11REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST
12Documents / Resources
12.1Related Manuals / Resources
Some of the following symbols may be used on this product. Please study them and learn their meaning. Proper interpretation of these symbols will allow you to operate the product better and safer.
The following signal words and meanings are intended to explain the levels of risk associated with this product.
Servicing requires extreme care and knowledge and should be performed only by a qualified service technician. For service, return the product to your nearest AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER for repair. When servicing, use only identical replacement parts.
- To avoid serious personal injury, do not attempt to use this product until you have read the Owner’s Manual thoroughly and understand it completely. If you do not understand the warnings and instructions in this Owner’s Manual, do not use this product. Call 1-888-356-2258 for assistance.
- The operation of any power tool can result in foreign objects being thrown into your eyes, which can result in severe eye damage. Before operating a power tool, always wear safety goggles, safety glasses with side shields, or a full face shield when needed. We recommend a Wide Vision Safety Mask for use over eyeglasses or standard safety glasses with side shields. Always use eye protection that is marked to comply with ANSI Z87.1.
GENERAL BACKPACK SPRAYER SAFETY WARNINGS
Instructions pertaining to a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons, when using electric products, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Read all the instructions before using the Kobalt 40-volt backpack sprayer.
- To reduce the risk of injury, close supervision is necessary when the backpack sprayer is used near children.
- Do not come in contact or interfere with moving parts, or liquids being sprayed from wand.
- Only use attachments recommended or sold by the manufacturer.
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock, do not put in water or other liquid.
- Do not place or store backpack sprayer where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not submerge in water or other liquids.
- Replace damaged or worn parts with replacement parts listed on page 18.
- Use only the 40V Kobalt charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
Read all safety warnings and instructions. Failure to follow the warnings and instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
- To prevent unintentional starting, ensure the switch is in the off-position before connecting to battery pack, picking up or carrying the backpack sprayer. Carrying the backpack sprayer with your finger on the switch can cause accidental starting. Remove your finger from the on/off switch before carrying or moving the backpack sprayer.
- Disconnect the battery pack from the backpack sprayer before making any adjustments, changing accessories, or storing. Such preventive safety measures reduce the risk of starting the backpack sprayer accidentally.
This warning is not applicable for batteries that cannot be disconnected from the appliance in normal use.
- For use only with Kobalt 40V chargers KRC 40-06.
- For use only with Kobalt 40V batteries KB 240C-06.
- When battery pack is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects, like paper clips coins, keys, nails, screws or other small metal objects, that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause burns or a fire.
- Do not use a battery pack or backpack sprayer that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Do not expose a battery pack or backpack sprayer to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 130°C may cause explosion. The temperature of 130°C can be replaced by the temperature of 265°F.
- Follow all charging instructions and do not charge the battery pack or appliance outside of the temperature range specific in the instructions. Charging improperly or at temperatures outside of the specific range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire.
- All servicing should be performed by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts. This will ensure that the safety of the product is maintained.
- Do not modify or attempt to repair the appliance or the battery pack (as applicable) except as indicated in the instructions for use and care.
WARNING PROPOSITION 65
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other construction activities contains chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are:
- Lead from lead-based paints
- Crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry products
- Arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated lumber
Your risk from these exposures varies, depending on how often you do this type of work.
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals: work in a well ventilated area, and work with approved safety equipment, such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
- ASSEMBLING THE GUN
• Connect the nozzle (F1-F5) to the wand (G), turn clockwise until the tabs lock into place to ensure leak-free connection.
• Connect the wand (G) to the gun handle (H), turn clockwise until the tabs lock into place to ensure a leak-free connection.
- ASSEMBLING THE TANK LID
• Connect the tank lid (A) to the tank (B) , turn clockwise until the tabs lock into place.
- ASSEMBLING THE BATTERY PACK
• Open the battery door (C).
• Align the lift ribs on the battery pack with the grooves in the battery compartment.
• Push the battery pack into the battery compartment until the battery pack locks into place.
• When you hear a click, the battery pack is installed.
- REMOVING THE BATTERY PACK
• Open the battery door (C).
• Push and hold the battery release button.
• Remove the battery pack from the machine.
- ADJUST THE HARNESS
• Place the sprayer on an elevated surface.
• Fit the sprayer onto your back loosely.
• Tighten the upper straps first
• Then tighten the lower straps to get the weight above your waist
• Tighten both sides of the waist belt until the weight of the sprayer is on your hips.
• Tighten the chest strap the keep the weight close to your back.
• Install the back pad against your back tightly and safely.
• The sprayer should sit above your waist and the tank should be close to the user’s back.
- USING THE GUN
• Pull and hold the spray gun trigger (J) to start the machine.
• Release the spray gun trigger (J) to stop water flow through the spray tip.
- LOCKING THE SPRAY GUN TRIGGER
• Press the trigger (J) and push forward the trigger safety lock-out (K) to lock the gun trigger.
- UNLOCKING THE SPRAY GUN TRIGGER
• Pull backwards on the trigger safety lock-out (K) to unlock the gun trigger
- CHANGING THE SPRAY TIP
• Insert any of the spray tips (F1-F5) onto the spray wand (G).
After changing the spray tip, if the angle of the spray tip is not appropriate, adjust the joint between the gun wand and the triggle handle and tighten it again.
SPRAY TIP TYPE
- ADDING SOLUTION
• Open the tank lid on the tank (B).
• Pour solution into tank (B).
• Reattach tank lid to the tank (B).
- OPERATING THE MACHINE
• Press the switch (D) to turn the machine ON (I).
- STOPPING THE MACHINE
• Press the switch (D) to turn the machine OFF (O)
- PUMP-FREE SPRAYING
• The battery-powered sprayer keeps fluid continously cycling through the tank to allow pump-free spraying.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Always depressurize the sprayer, remove all chemical solution, and clean the sprayer before making repairs. Replacement parts may be purchased at the store where you bought the sprayer. For a list of replacement parts refer to page 18.
CLEANING AND MAINTAINING THE MACHINE
After each use, clean the tank thoroughly. If spray solution remains, properly dispose of it and drain the tank completely. Follow recommendations from the chemical manufacturer for proper disposal of the solution. Pumping causes air to be taken in, and the remaining liquid needs to be discharged. Pump until all liquid and air are completely discharged through the nozzle. Refill the tank with a few quarts of soapy water (a mild dish detergent is recommended) and discharge as previously instructed. If necessary, repeat this procedure several times to ensure that the sprayer is clean. Sporadic spray distribution is caused by a clogged nozzle. If necessary, remove and clean nozzle.
MAINTENANCE AND STORAGE
After use, the sprayer should be properly cleaned and stored away from direct sunlight to prevent UV damage. Before storing for the winter, be sure that all liquid is completely drained from the tank, lines and air chamber. (Refer to the CLEANING AND MAINTAINING THE SPRAYER instructions above). Regularly inspect hose, pump tank for water, damage or leaks.
If you still have questions or an unresolved issue after going through this troubleshooting guide, or just want to speak to a Kobalt product expert, please call our customer service department at 1-888-3KOBALT (1-888-356-2258), 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., EST, Monday – Sunday.
5-YEAR REPAIR WARRANTY
This Kobalt 40V sprayer is warranted to the original purchaser from the original purchase date for five (5) year subject to the warranty coverage described herein.
This Kobalt 40V sprayer is warranted for the original user to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
If you believe that the 40V sprayer is defective at any time during the specified warranty period, simply call our Warranty service (1-888-356-2258) along with proof of purchase.
This warranty is void if: defects in materials or workmanship or damages result from repairs or alterations which have been made or attempted by others or the unauthorized use of nonconforming parts; the damage is due to normal wear, damage is due to abuse (including overloading of the tool beyond capacity), improper maintenance, neglect or accident; or the damage is due to the use of the tool after partial failure or use with improper accessories or unauthorized repair or alteration.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from province to province.
REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST
For replacement parts, call our customer service department at 1-888-356-2258, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., EST, Monday – Sunday.
Documents / Resources
|KOBALT KSP 440-06 40V Chemical Backpack Sprayer [pdf] User Guide|
KSP 440-06, KSP 2040-06, 2675012, 2644068, 40V Chemical Backpack Sprayer